NCN Europe Investor Meeting 2017
NCN Europe IV
NCN Europe IV
Nutrition Capital Network Investor Meeting at Vitafoods Europe 2017
Monday, May 8, 2017, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., Palexpo, Room V
Nutrition Capital Network's fourth annual investor meeting in Geneva on May 8, 2017 focuses on the latest innovations in science, technology and ingredients in the global nutrition and health & wellness industry.
NCN Europe IV will present 12-16 professionally screened companies looking for investment, licensing or corporate partnership. Those in corporate development, R&D, licensing, co-development partenrships, and equity and venture investment are invited to attend this half-day conference and investor presentations. Registered attendees receive profiles of the presenting companies in advance, see 10-minute presentations and can schedule one-on-one meetings on site.
Investors register for NCN Europe IV by contacting NCN Europe IV chairman Grant Ferrier at gferrier(at)nutritioncapital.com or 1-619-295-7685 x15. Registration is €1,000 and includes profiles of the presenting companies in advance of the meeting.
NCN Europe IV Presenter Snapshots as of April 22, 2017
- A new enzyme inhibitor-based therapeutic platform for age-related ophthalmic conditions
- Discovery platform for bio-active peptides to target metabolic disorders, diabetes, inflammation and anti-aging
- Production technology that enhances bioavailability of poor soluble agents of herbs and medicinal mushrooms
- Developer of a nutraceutical based on THBA for managing diabetes
- Developer of microbiome modulating prebiotic therapies addressing the pet industry
- Ingredient technology developer targeting blood glucose management, joint pain, and cold and flu
- Natural plant-based convenient supplements and functional foods sold direct-to-consumer
- Nanotechnology firm focused on the development in diagnostic kits, biopolymer synthesis for tissue regeneration and anti-microbical biofilm
- Developer of food ingredients and protein isolates from regional plant material
Finished product companies in consumer health, supplements or functional and natural & organic foods will also be considered as presenters, but will be held to a high scientific standard by NCN's selection committee.
APPLY ONLINE to be a presenting company at NCN Europe IV or contact Executive Director Mike Dovbish - email@example.com; 1-415-254-1116
NCN Europe Cornerstone Investors include: Abbott Labs, DSM, GSK, Herbalife, Kerry Group, Naturex, Seventure, SFI Health, Suan Farma, Tate & Lyle Ventures, and Zaluvida.
This meeting is held in association with Vitafoods Europe. NCN participants will receive a badge for the Vitafoods Europe trade show and a 15% discount code for the Vitafoods Europe Education Programme.
AGENDA: NCN Europe IV
Monday, May 8, 2017, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Palexpo Rooms V and P, Geneva, Switzerland
11:00: Registration opens: Pick up badges from 10:30am at the Conference Registration Desk (Hall 3)
11:30-12:50: Education Session - Room V
Bringing new technology, ingredients and science-based products to market:
Global nutrition industry review: markets M&A and finance: Grant Ferrier, NCN
Market & Ingredient Science Trends, Jeff Hilton, BrandHive
Panel Discussion and Q&A. Additional panelists include:
• Najla Guthrie, KGK Synergize: Clinical Research - Key Considerations
• Violaine Chaumont, President and CEO, RNI Conseil: Regulatory Strategy
13:00-15:10: NCN Introduction and Investor Meeting: 12-14 companies present business plans in 10-minute intervals in Room V from 13.10-15.20. (Followed by 1-on-1 meetings scheduled on site in Rooms V and P from 15.30-17.30)
15:10-15:30: NCN Alumni Showcase: Past Presenters at NCN Europe share perspective on capital raising, negotiating partnerships and licensing agreements, and what changes after the deal is done: Mazza Innovation
15:30-18:00: One-on-One meetings scheduled on-site or in advance
17:00-18:00: Reception and Networking - Room P
FREE VITAFOODS EUROPE EXHIBITION ENTRY & CONFERENCE DISCOUNT - Both investors and Presenting Companies will receive complimentary floor badges for the Vitafoods Europe Exhibition and Vitafoods Venture Den. Vitafoods Europe runs May 9-11, 2017. Vitafoods Venture Den will be held on May 9 at 4pm.
APPLY ONLINE to be a presenting company at NCN Europe. The deadline for applications for NCN Europe IV has been extended to April 28, 2017, but companies are encouraged to apply year-round.
IN ASSOCIATION WITH NCN EUROPE IV
VITAFOODS VENTURE DEN - Presented by NCN
When: Tuesday, May 9, 2017
Where: Vitafoods Centre Stage
Time: 4 pm
Three companies selected from NCN Europe IV's roster of presenters compete for prizes!
Finalists will be given 5 minutes to pitch their business plans and 5 minutes to answer questions in front of a panel of three judges.
Hosted By: Grant Ferrier, Nutrition Capital Network:
- Gavin Stainton Product Innovations Director, EMEA - Herbalife Europe Ltd.
- Najla Guthrie, President and CEO, KGK Synergize Inc.
- Edward Lee, CEO, AIDP
Prizes include technical and business advisory services from KGK Science, Healthy Marketing Team, RNI Consulting, NCN and a package of promotional services from Informa Exhibitions, host of Vitafoods Europe.
Winner determined on-site. See details
About Vitafoods Europe
Vitafoods Europe, the annual event where the entire nutraceutical supply chain does business, attracts 18,500+ of the most senior decision-makers across the globe within the four key industry areas; Ingredients & Raw Materials, Contract Manufacturing & Private Label, Services & Equipment and Branded Finished Products. With 1,000+ global suppliers providing 1,000's of innovative products, Vitafoods Europe provides visitors the opportunity to source ingredients, raw materials, dietary supplements, functional food & beverages and high quality services & equipment to help grow their business. Plus, through strong event content and educational visitor attractions, visitors can gain crucial advice and expertise on market trends, regulatory complexities, packaging and labelling challenges and market drivers, helping make better strategic business decisions.
Running alongside the exhibition is the Vitafoods Europe Education Programme 2017, bringing together some of the leading names within both academia and industry. The program will deliver 45+ in-depth presentations and panel discussions with 50+ expert global speakers. Content is divided into:
- Vitafoods R&D Forums - Focusing on science for an audience with a higher level of pre-existing knowledge in research and development
- Vitafoods Business Workshops - Focusing on business for an audience working within leadership, business, marketing and regulation
- Probiotics Summit – Focusing on probiotics and produced in association with the International Probiotic Association (IPA)