NCN Europe Investor Meeting 2017
NCN Europe IV
NCN Europe IV
Nutrition Capital Network Investor Meeting at Vitafoods Europe 2017
Monday, May 8, 2017, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., Palexpo, Room Q
Like NCN's annual half day meeting in Las Vegas, NCN Europe focuses primarily on science, technology and ingredients in the nutrition and health & wellness industry.
APPLY ONLINE to be a presenting company at NCN Europe IV or contact Executive Director Mike Dovbish - firstname.lastname@example.org; 1-415-254-1116
Presenting companies will be seeking investment, acquisition, or corporate partnerships for technology development, commercialization, clinical trials, distribution or licensing. Between 10-14 companies will present their business to an audience of 40-50 investors, with an opportunity for one-on-one meetings after the presentations.
Finished product companies in consumer health, supplements or functional and natural & organic foods will also be considered as presenters, but will be held to a high scientific standard by NCN's selection committee.
Investors can register for NCN Europe IV by contacting NCN Europe meeting chairman Grant Ferrier at gferrier(at)nutritioncapital.com. Registration is €1,000 and includes profiles of the presenting companies in advance of the meeting.
NCN Europe Cornerstone Investors include: Abbott Labs, DSM, GSK, Herbalife, Kerry Group, Naturex, Seventure, Suan Farma, SOHO Flordis International, Tate & Lyle Ventures, and Zaluvida.
This meeting is held in association with Vitafoods Europe.
2017 AGENDA PENDING - VIEW PAST AGENDA FORMAT BELOW
AGENDA: NCN Europe III
Monday, May 9, 2016, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., Palexpo Room P-Q, Geneva, Switzerland
11:00: Registration opens: Pick up badges from 10:30am at the Conference Registration Desk (Hall 3)
11:30-12:30: Education Session
Best practices for bringing new technology, ingredients and products to market:
Panel Discussion and Q&A with
• Najla Guthrie, KGK Synergize: Clinical Research - Key Considerations from a global perspective
• Violaine Chaumont, President and CEO, RNI Conseil: Considerations in developing a product regulatory strategy for international markets
• Sid Hulse,Vice President Product Development, PLT Health Solutions, Inc.: Insights and guidance for successful commercialization and business scale up in international markets
Moderator: Heather Granato, Vice President of Content, Informa
12:30-13:00: NCN Alumni Showcase: Past Presenters Share Experience: Jos Nelissen, CEO, Newtricious; Cameron Turner, CEO, Progel
Moderator: Grant Ferrier, NCN
13:00-17:30: NCN Introduction and Investor Meeting: 12 companies present business plans in 10-minute intervals in Room P from 13.10-15.20. (Followed by 1-on-1 meetings scheduled on site in Rooms P and Q from 15.30-17.30)
17:00-18:00: Reception and Networking
FREE VITAFOODS EUROPE EXHIBITION ENTRY & CONFERENCE DISCOUNT - Both investors and Presenting Companies will receive complimentary floor badges for the Vitafoods Europe Exhibition and Vitafoods Venture Den. Vitafoods Europe runs May 10-12, 2016.
IN ASSOCIATION WITH NCN EUROPE IV
VITAFOODS VENTURE DEN - Presented by NCN
Three companies selected from NCN Europe IV's roster of presenters compete for prizes!
Finalists will be given 5 minutes to pitch their business plans and 5 minutes to answer questions in front of a panel of three judges.
Hosted By: Grant Ferrier, Nutrition Capital Network: Judges in 2016:
- Mark Thurston, President, AIDP
- GavinStainton Product Innovations Director, Herbalife Europe
- Najla Guthrie, KGK Synergize
- Tom Aarts, Nutrition Capital Network
Winner determined on-site. See details
Presenter Snapshots for NCN Europe III on May 9, 2016:
- Producer of high-value omega-3 fatty acid nutrition ingredients from microalgae
- Commercializer of a novel, solvent-free extraction method using subcritical water
- Developer of hydroxytyrosol and olive oil polyphenols into a daily antioxidant
- Developer of enhanced sweeteners allowing for a considerable reduction in sugar
- Cold evaporation process for manufacturing health ingredients that increase yields
- Proprietary blends of special fatty acids in oils using special processing
- Developer of ingredient clinically shown to support immune function and improve resistance to infections
- Developer of rapid-action functional beverages incorporating effective doses of encapsulated supplements
- Developer of supplement for muscle loss and medical food for muscular dystrophy
- Commercializer of nutrition technology developed at prominent Australian university
- Developer of GRAS olive-based product for inflammation and pain in breast cancer
- Developer and marketer of real-food, vegan, drinkable supermeal that fulfils daily nutrition
- Salt replacement technology to reduce sodium intake from processed foods
About Vitafoods Europe
Vitafoods Europe is the global nutraceutical event, featuring exhibitors from all over the world in four key markets: ingredients & raw materials; finished products; contract manufacturers & private label; and services & equipment. The show offers a range of visitor attractions, including an industry-leading conference program. Vitafoods Europe will take place May 10-12, 2016 at Palexpo, Geneva, Switzerland. Vitafoods Europe is part of Informa Exhibitions’ Global Health & Nutrition Network (GHNN), which brings together a portfolio of events, digital media and publishing for marketers, manufacturers and formulators of nutrition and dietary supplements, healthy foods/beverages and personal care products. GHNN events include: Vitafoods Europe, Vitafoods Asia, SupplySide West, SupplySide@Fispal Tecnologia, and Ingredient Marketplace. Natural Products INSIDER is the global media brand covering healthy ingredients and finished applications. For more information, visit www.informaglobalhealth.com.
APPLY ONLINE to be a presenting company at NCN Europe or contact Executive Director Mike Dovbish at mdovbish(at)nutritioncapital.com. The deadline for applications for NCN Europe IV is April 28, 2017, but companies are encouraged to apply year-round.
Presenter Snapshots from last year's NCN Europe 2015 meeting:
- Natural food or supplement ingredient for pre-diabetes based on an enzymatically hydrolyzed protein from egg white
- Developer of a patented biopolymer and fibers with prebiotic effects for digestive and cardiovascular health
- Patented supplements and diagnostics for eating disorders and obesity
- Developer of a soluble oat beta-glucan that allows digestive health claims but doesn’t increase viscosity in beverage
- Clinical stage biotech company developing ingredients with a focus on cognition and metabolic function
- Developer of a fruit extract with anti-hypertensive properties shown to reduce systolic blood pressure
- Nutrigenomic biotechnology company developing natural nutritionally active ingredients for functional foods and nutraceuticals
- Natural products company developing and testing proprietary nutraceutical and cosmeceutical ingredients for age-related diseases
- Developer of food supplements, skin care products and soluble curcumin drink
- Developer of innovation centre for manufacturing of functional foods in India
- Develop of functional ingredients from the bran of different cereal grains with prebiotic properties
- Sports Nutrition products for athletes and active people over the age of 35
- Developer of an improved yeast using a unique non-GMO proprietary technology used for bakery, supplements, brewers and animal feed