NCN Europe Investor Meeting 2017
NCN Europe IV
NCN Europe IV
Nutrition Capital Network Investor Meeting at Vitafoods Europe 2017
Monday, May 8, 2017, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., Palexpo, Room V
Like NCN's annual half day meeting in Las Vegas, NCN Europe focuses primarily on science, technology and ingredients in the nutrition and health & wellness industry.
APPLY ONLINE to be a presenting company at NCN Europe IV or contact Executive Director Mike Dovbish - email@example.com; 1-415-254-1116
Presenting companies will be seeking investment, acquisition, or corporate partnerships for technology development, commercialization, clinical trials, distribution or licensing. Between 10-14 companies will present their business to an audience of 40-50 investors, with an opportunity for one-on-one meetings after the presentations.
Finished product companies in consumer health, supplements or functional and natural & organic foods will also be considered as presenters, but will be held to a high scientific standard by NCN's selection committee.
Investors can register for NCN Europe IV by contacting NCN Europe meeting chairman Grant Ferrier at gferrier(at)nutritioncapital.com. Registration is €1,000 and includes profiles of the presenting companies in advance of the meeting.
NCN Europe Cornerstone Investors include: Abbott Labs, DSM, GSK, Herbalife, Kerry Group, Naturex, Seventure, Suan Farma, SOHO Flordis International, Tate & Lyle Ventures, and Zaluvida.
This meeting is held in association with Vitafoods Europe.
AGENDA: NCN Europe IV
Monday, May 8, 2017, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., Palexpo Rooms V and P, Geneva, Switzerland
11:00: Registration opens: Pick up badges from 10:30am at the Conference Registration Desk (Hall 3)
11:30-12:30: Education Session -Room V
2017 pending: 2016 Session featured:
Bringing new technology, ingredients and science-based products to market:
Panel Discussion and Q&A. Panelists include:
• Najla Guthrie, KGK Synergize: Clinical Research - Key Considerations from a global perspective
• Violaine Chaumont, President and CEO, RNI Conseil: Considerations in developing a product regulatory strategy for international markets
12:30-13:00: NCN Alumni Showcase:
Past Presenters at NCN Europe share perspective on capital raising, investor bias, negotiating partnerships and licensing agreements, and what changes after the deal is done.
Moderator: Grant Ferrier, NCN; Room V
13:00-17:30: NCN Introduction and Investor Meeting: 12-14 companies present business plans in 10-minute intervals in Room V from 13.10-15.20. (Followed by 1-on-1 meetings scheduled on site in Rooms V and P from 15.30-17.30)
17:00-18:00: Reception and Networking - Room P
FREE VITAFOODS EUROPE EXHIBITION ENTRY & CONFERENCE DISCOUNT - Both investors and Presenting Companies will receive complimentary floor badges for the Vitafoods Europe Exhibition and Vitafoods Venture Den. Vitafoods Europe runs May 9-11, 2017. Vitafoods Venture Den will be held on May 9 at 4pm.
APPLY ONLINE to be a presenting company at NCN Europe or contact Executive Director Mike Dovbish at mdovbish(at)nutritioncapital.com. The deadline for applications for NCN Europe IV is April 20, 2017, but companies are encouraged to apply year-round.
IN ASSOCIATION WITH NCN EUROPE IV
VITAFOODS VENTURE DEN - Presented by NCN
When: Tuesday, May 9, 2017
Where: Vitafoods Centre Stage
Time: 4 pm
Three companies selected from NCN Europe IV's roster of presenters compete for prizes!
Finalists will be given 5 minutes to pitch their business plans and 5 minutes to answer questions in front of a panel of three judges.
Hosted By: Grant Ferrier, Nutrition Capital Network: Judges in 2016 were:
- Mark Thurston, President, AIDP
- GavinStainton Product Innovations Director, Herbalife Europe
- Najla Guthrie, KGK Synergize
- Tom Aarts, Nutrition Capital Network
Winner determined on-site. See details
Presenter Snapshots from NCN Europe III, May 2016:
- Producer of high-value omega-3 fatty acid nutrition ingredients from microalgae
- Commercializer of a novel, solvent-free extraction method using subcritical water
- Developer of hydroxytyrosol and olive oil polyphenols into a daily antioxidant
- Developer of enhanced sweeteners allowing for a considerable reduction in sugar
- Cold evaporation process for manufacturing health ingredients that increase yields
- Proprietary blends of special fatty acids in oils using special processing
- Developer of ingredient clinically shown to support immune function and improve resistance to infections
- Developer of rapid-action functional beverages incorporating effective doses of encapsulated supplements
- Developer of supplement for muscle loss and medical food for muscular dystrophy
- Commercializer of nutrition technology developed at prominent Australian university
- Developer of GRAS olive-based product for inflammation and pain in breast cancer
- Developer and marketer of real-food, vegan, drinkable supermeal that fulfils daily nutrition
- Salt replacement technology to reduce sodium intake from processed foods
About Vitafoods Europe
Vitafoods Europe, the annual event where the entire nutraceutical supply chain does business, attracts 18,500+ of the most senior decision-makers across the globe within the four key industry areas; Ingredients & Raw Materials, Contract Manufacturing & Private Label, Services & Equipment and Branded Finished Products. With 1,000+ global suppliers providing 1,000's of innovative products, Vitafoods Europe provides visitors the opportunity to source ingredients, raw materials, dietary supplements, functional food & beverages and high quality services & equipment to help grow their business. Plus, through strong event content and educational visitor attractions, visitors can gain crucial advice and expertise on market trends, regulatory complexities, packaging and labelling challenges and market drivers, helping make better strategic business decisions.
Running alongside the exhibition is the Vitafoods Europe Education Programme 2017, bringing together some of the leading names within both academia and industry. The program will deliver 45+ in-depth presentations and panel discussions with 50+ expert global speakers. Content is divided into:
- Vitafoods R&D Forums - Focusing on science for an audience with a higher level of pre-existing knowledge in research and development
- Vitafoods Business Workshops - Focusing on business for an audience working within leadership, business, marketing and regulation
- Probiotics Summit – Focusing on probiotics and produced in association with the International Probiotic Association (IPA)