NCN XIX: Fall 2016 Investor Meeting
NCN XIX: Nutrition Capital Network's Fall 2016 Investor Meeting
435 Broadway, San Francisco, CA 94133
November 8-9, 2016
NCN Investor Meetings are the premier matchmaking and networking events for strategic and private equity investors in the nutrition and health & wellness industry.
At NCN XIX in San Francisco investors and strategic acquirors will be introduced to 20-25 nutrition and health & wellness companies seeking capital and selected from in natural & organic foods, functional foods, supplements, ingredients & technology, personal care and household goods, and related consumer internet and mobile IT solutions.
On Tuesday, November 8, NCN presents the Health & Wellness Investor Forum from 1:00-5:30 p.m., followed by a Welcome Reception and Dinner from 6:00-9:00 p.m. (included in cost of NCN registration).
On Wednesday, November 9, 20-25 companies professionally sourced and primed by Nutrition Capital Network will present business plans at 10-minute intervals; after lunch investors and companies will meet one-on-one in breakout sessions scheduled onsite.
H&WIF Agenda Highlights: Market, trends and transaction overviews for 2016 by NCN and Whipstitch Partners; Product trends by NEXT/New Hope; Investors and players in Foodtech; Featured alumni past presenters share transaction and growth history.
APPLY HERE to be a Presenting Company (start the free application process): Applications accepted on the website year-round but for NCN XIX will require direct contact with Mike Dovbish; As of October 19, the 20 companies below have been accepted by the NCN screening committee leaving only 2-3 spots to be filled.
INVESTORS may register to attend or enquire by calling Grant Ferrier on 619-295-7685 x15 or by email to info @ nutritioncapital.com. Investor attendance requires registration and payment of $2,500. Cornerstone Investor membership that allows multiple entries to all NCN investor meetings, as well as and access to dealflow, transaction, trend and market data. Individuals, angels and small family funds may qualify for a discount.
Snapshots of NCN XIX presenting companies as of October 19
- Food and beverage platform with organic, plant-based products in retail stores, wholesale and e-commerce.
- RTD Hawaiian iced teas and first RTD tea brewed from Hawaiian māmaki
- Solvent-free, low-polarity water extraction technology
- Nutritional that mimics the mechanism and effects of gastric bypass surgery
- Proprietary genomics methodology to design herbal supplement formulations and functional foods
- $10-12 mil in sports recovery drinks and cold brew coffee line of products
- Effective and versatile fat-replacement or calorie reduction technology
- Natural & organic skincare products using tallow or rendered beef fat
- High growth juice, plant/nut milk and cold brew packaged beverages
- Disruptive technology for extracting the bioactive phytonutrients from cereal grains
- Innovative, nutrient-dense frozen fruit and vegetable bars made from fresh juice
- Organic juices with textures made from superfood vegetables, fruits, nuts, and seeds
- Innovative, human-donor milk products and ingredients derived from human milk for clinical use
- Branded recovery drink for muscle stiffness and hangover prevention
- Food scanning technology to reduce waste, protecting brands and reduce recalls and litigation
- Sports biotech company sequencing the microbiome to identify bacterial species to drive peak performance and recovery.
- $2-3 mil in natural packaged snacks
- Technology driven, personal-profile daily supplement packs
- $4-5 million savory and nutritious natural chickpea snacks
- Personalized wellness data and nutrition products based on connected device
Broadway Studios is not hotel but a contemporary meeting venue, located 6 blocks from the Hilton San Francisco Financial District, the venue for NCN 15 and NCN 17, so we suggest staying at the HSFFD. The rate as of October 10 is $229.
Hilton San Francisco Financial District
Address: 750 Kearny St, San Francisco, CA 94108
Phone: (415) 433-6600